How to Remove Huroob from Iqama?

If you’re a foreigner living in Saudi Arabia, you’ve probably heard that Huroob is bad news. But what exactly is it?

It’s basically a report filed on your iqama by the company that sponsored your visa when you leave the company without permission or fail to return from vacation without notifying them. It’s essentially a way for companies to alert authorities if they think you are no longer working for them or are attempting to abscond. you can also check How To Check Traffic Penalty In Saudi Arabia? to avoid any type of hassle.

When a person becomes a runaway worker or absconding worker. The sponsor can report him to the Ministry of Labor (MOL) and MOL will add a flag to his record which stops the renewal of Iqama or exit re-entry visa.

If you’re thinking of going home or leaving your job, don’t do it without telling your employer! They can report you and make leaving the country very difficult—or even impossible.

Legal Ways to Remove Huroob Status

If your employer has reported you as absconding, there are some ways you can get yourself out of this jam and continue living in Saudi Arabia:

Request Your Kafeel To Remove Huroob Status

The first thing you need to do is ask your sponsor, or kafeel, to remove your Huroob status. If you’ve been living and working in Saudi Arabia for a while now, chances are that you know exactly who your sponsor is. However, if you’re new to the job market or unfamiliar with the legalities of Saudi Arabia, it can be a little confusing.

Your kafeel is the person who sponsors your visa and work permit. Usually, it’s an employer or organization that you work for, but it can also be a family member if they’ve sponsored you as part of their sponsorship program. It can even be yourself if you’re self-employed!

If you aren’t sure who your kafeel is, you can find out by checking the original contract that you signed when entering the country or looking at your Iqama (residency permit). Remember: if your kafeel changes so do everything else on your Iqama.

 Kafeels and sponsors can approach Jawazat to remove huroob status from an iqama if they are satisfied with what you are doing. Kafeel requested the following documents from Jawazat:

  • Report on runaways
  • An appearance by Kafeel or someone representing him
  • Fees imposed by law
  • Runaway report invalidation form.

Taking the case to the Labor Court

Secondly, you can petition the labor court to have the huroob status removed from your Iqama. The embassy or a lawyer can assist you in submitting proof against your Kafeel for making illegal or unjustified huroob against you. But you cannot approach labour court on your own, they can request the help of a social worker or embassy. You can also state your reasons for running away.

Kafeel might try to convince you to do something illegal, then set huroob status on your iqama after you refuse. You can remove your huroob status if you can prove this to Labour Court.

Be willing to surrender

In Saudi Arabia, the deportation center is called the Tahreel center, and surrendering to the authorities there is the third option. You will be arrested for a few days after you surrender and sent to jail.

Your home country becomes your deportation destination. You will also be barred from entering Saudi Arabia for the next five years if you get banned.

How do I avoid Huroob Status?

The good news is that in most cases, Huroob Status only occurs when there has been some negligence on the part of the employer or sponsor. For example, if you fail to pay the basic salary of your expat employees within 90 days of their start date, then it could result in their Huroob status being activated by The Ministry of Labor and Social Development (MLSD).

That said, there are also many other reasons why an expat employee might lose their work visa—some of them completely beyond an employer’s control—so it’s always important to stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and policies in order to stay compliant.

What are the consequences of Huroob Status?

Well, first and foremost, losing your Iqama means losing your ability to live and work in Saudi Arabia. It also means that if you are on a dependent visa—that is, if you do not have a job there—then your dependents will lose their ability to live and work there as well. And if they want to return to visit again later on, they will not be able to do so unless your Huroob status is lifted first.


What things could lead to Huroob Status?

This status is typically given when an employee hasn’t shown up for work for quite a while, but there are other actions or circumstances that could lead to it, like:
– Getting caught breaking company rules
– Being convicted of a crime
– Not holding a valid visa or work registration card
– Leaving the country without your employer’s permission
– Failing to respond to warning letters from your employer
– Consistently missing work without a valid excuse (like sick leave)

What happens if I were found guilty in Huroob?

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Interior blocks your bank accounts and iqama if you are found guilty. According to them, it’s illegal and you’ll be banned from their country for five years.


There are many methods and different ways to remove huroob from Iqama, but it depends on the case. Every Case is Unique, there is no rule or method and it also depends on the Huroob they put on you. Some People go to Police and some People go directly to Interpol, As I mention in this article and how I got my Huroob Removed. Just try all ways which you can think of and hopefully one will work for you.

How to Pay for Parking in Dubai by SMS?

All Eligible Iqama Professions for Family Visa in Saudi Arabia

How to Open an NRI Account In Saudi Arabia?

Leave a Comment