If you are a Saudi expatriate, then you must have an Iqama. You may have wondered at some point how to check your Iqama status, and luckily there are many ways to do it.
You can check your Iqama status online through the Absher website or the Ministry of Interior website. In this article, we will go over what information you will need to check your Iqama status and how to do it in each way.
Iqama, also known as Muqeem Card is an identity card that is issued to expatriates. Only those who have a work visa or work permit are eligible to apply for Iqama. This status check is essential to ensure that you are allowed to live and work in KSA. Hence, it becomes mandatory for all expats residing in KSA.
Apart from working as identity proof, this card also acts as a residence permit for expatriates. You can check your iqama status by visiting the relevant website or through an Absher account with the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
In this article, we are going to show you the procedure of checking your Iqama status. We will also discuss different ways through which you can check the status of your Iqama. So let’s get started.
COVID-19 Traffic Restrictions in Saudi Arabia
Iqama Status Check Through Absher
Absher is a website that is generally used by the Ministry of Interior (MOI) for various services including checking your iqama status online. If you want to check your iqama status through Absher, follow these steps:
- First, visit the official Absher website at https://www.absher.sa/.
- Then click on “My Services” in the top right corner of the page.
- Next, click on “Inquires about Residents.”
- Now enter your Iqama number and click “View.”
To check your Iqama status, you need to have an account on Absher. If you already have an account on Absher, you can use your login credentials (e-mail address and password) to log in to the site.
Once logged in, click the “My Account” tab at the top right corner of the page and then select “My Documents”.
This will take you to a page where all of your documents are listed. If there is any new document added, it will be displayed in bold.
If there is no new document, then all of the documents will be displayed as normal.
Iqama Status Check Through Moi Website
To check iqama status, the Saudi Interior Ministry used its official website before the Absher app. We are here to help you understand the mol iqama status step by step.
- To get started with Moi, open your mobile device or PC.
- Once you have done that, open the New User Portal located on the dashboard.
- You can change the language of the website here with one click, so you can see the Arabic version of the website.
- Then create a user account on the website and fill in all the information you need, such as your full name, Iqama number, password, email, mobile number, and the language you want to use.
- After all this, the confirmation code will arrive in the mobile phone number that you gave in your account details, so you will need to enter it in the confirmation screen. Enter that code in your confirmation.
- For security reasons, entering your iqama number and filling out the captcha image are required here.
- Now you can review all your IQAMA status queries and other important documents.
Iqama Status is important because it will help you know how much time you have left in the Kingdom. And with this information, you can take the steps necessary to apply for an extension or even leave the Kingdom.
The iqama is your passport for Saudi Arabia. Without it you cannot work, travel, stay or do anything in Saudi Arabia. It is a must for all expatriates who want to live in Saudi Arabia.
Without an Iqama you will be deported from Saudi Arabia or even blacklisted by KSA governing bodies. So it is best that you know how to check iqama status and keep yourself updated with the latest status of your iqama.
Requirements for Iqama Medical Tests, Fees, & Centers in KSA
How To Check Traffic Penalty In Saudi Arabia?