Good news! It’s not as hard as you may think. If you’re an investor or entrepreneur, this article will walk you through the steps of applying for a golden visa in the UAE.
How to apply for Golden Visa in UAE?
A golden visa is a special type of visa that allows you to live and work in the UAE without needing sponsorships or other types of visas. The visa is available to investors and entrepreneurs, who can apply for one by investing in a company or starting their own company in the UAE.
Two programs are available, the 10-year visa program which is issued to people who can purchase properties valued at 532,500 AED and make outstanding performances. The 5-year program, called the Integrated Residency Program, is issued to those who value their investments in a company or business in the UAE at 1.5 million AED.
Applicants may be required to deposit money into a bank account in UAE, although this does not currently apply for real estate purchases. It’s not free! For example, you will pay about 6% for real estate on top of all the other fees and taxes that exist in this country Just make sure you know what you are getting into before applying for a Golden Visa in UAE.
Who Can Get a Golden Visa?
The UAE is one of the most popular places in the world to do business, and they have a great program that allows outstanding foreign investors and entrepreneurs to be granted the right to residency.
If you fall into one of these categories, you are eligible for a Golden Visa:
- Investors with business in the country with a capital not less than AED 500,000.
- Investors with an existing business in the free zones with a capital not less than AED 500,000.
- Business owners who have registered their business outside free zones but in UAE, with a capital of not less than AED 500,000.
- Employers who sponsor their employees and bring them to work in UAE can also get visas.
- Entrepreneurs who have registered their businesses outside free zones but in UAE, with a capital not less than AED 500,000.
- Those who have special talents, exceptional grades, and celebrities as well.
- Those who are eligible for Golden Visa also their children and families are eligible.
Required Documents for Golden Visa in UAE
First, you’ll need to gather your documents. Make sure that all of your documents are translated into Arabic, and that they’re valid for at least three months. You should also get everything notarized.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A letter from your bank stating that you have a minimum balance of 5 million dirhams (1.3 million USD)
- Personal documents including your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), and any other relevant information
- Two photos of yourself (the must be 4×6 cm in size)
- Your medical report
- A copy of a recent visa application form
How to Apply for Golden Visa in UAE?
Once you’ve gathered all those things together, it’s time to submit them! You can do so online on their website or by going to one of their offices. If you submit online, you will receive an email with a reference number within 48 hours (or 10 business days if submitted by going in person). Then, after 3-5 business days, your visa will be ready to pick up.
- Go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Abu Dhabi
- Provide proof of your status as a property owner
- Submit an application for a Golden Visa
- Pay the fees for the visa
How do exceptional pupils or graduates apply for Golden Visa in UAE?
If you are an exceptional pupil or graduate, there are certain requirements that you need to meet before you can apply for a Golden Visa in UAE.
- You Must score 95% or Above in High or Primary school.
- You should Graduate with more than a 3.75 CGPA.
To apply, they must submit an application along with the following documents:
- Two-page CV
- A copy of the highest academic degree obtained
- A copy of their passport
- Academic achievements and certificates
- English language test results
- Proof of registration at a university in the UAE
How long does the nomination process take?
The nomination process takes around one month from start to finish, but it depends on how many countries are involved. After 30 days you will receive an email for the nomination.
The period of time in which a person can stay in the UAE after receiving their visa is up to five years, with an option to renew it for another five years once it expires. The visa is valid for one entry only, so a person would need to leave the country and reenter if they want to stay longer than six months at a time.
As a final note, it is important to emphasize that your appeal for the Golden Visa must be clearly and successfully justified. Therefore, ensure that you have fulfilled all of the required conditions mentioned above in order to have the greatest chance of being granted this visa. While there are many potential uses for a Golden Visa, we hope that the information provided here has been helpful to you as you consider your options.
This visa is of immense benefit for investment bankers. They can invest in real estate properties and start businesses without having to worry about residency visas. However, there are certain rules which you need to understand before applying for this UAE investment visa. Also, you need to make sure that you correct the mistakes pertaining to your application during the review process.