As the COVID-19 continues to spread globally, it is likely there will be increased movement restrictions and transportation disruptions. Movement restrictions may include travel bans, domestic lockdowns and quarantines, and curfews.
Transport disruptions are likely to include increased border controls leading to transport delays or closures; restriction on essential supply chains such as food and medical supplies; sporadic road blockages due to panic buying and possibly higher rates of road accidents due to stress. Evolving traffic restrictions could impact business operations including supply chain and logistics challenges.
How to Register in Qiwa Platform Online?
There are currently traffic restrictions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), given that commuting and traveling need to be postponed during this time of the pandemic. This article will guide you on the steps you can take over the internet to book a slot for travel to and from KSA.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Saudi Arabia has limited air traffic to King Khalid International Airport (RUH) to a limited number of flights. Travelers should consider an alternative airport in Bahrain or Dubai. Other restrictions might also be in place.
COVID-19 Restrictions in Saudi Arabia
In order to ensure the public’s safety from COVID-19, the following traffic restrictions have been put in place in Saudi Arabia until further notice.
- Friday and Saturday are the weekends, Sunday through Thursday are school days.
- All shops, restaurants, and cafes must close at 8 PM every day and remain closed until 6 AM the next morning.
- Only those who have a permit to be outside during curfew hours are allowed to be out and about.
- Anyone who has a fever or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home and isolate themselves from others.
- The public is asked to cooperate with these restrictions for their own safety, as well as the safety of others!
- No Saudi citizen is permitted to travel to the United Arab Emirates, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Ethiopia, Somalia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Belarus, India, Vietnam, Republic of Indonesia) or any other country or region where there is an ongoing pandemic until the environment improves.
- Travel by air will be restricted to people whose Tawakkalna status shows either of the following:
- The vaccine has been administered twice
- Since their first dose, it has been fourteen days
- Six months after COVID-19, they have fully recovered
- The Saudi health ministry will only approve foreign workers for travel to Saudi Arabia if they have completed the required vaccinations.
- Travel with an ID is currently prohibited for citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
- Guest must have valid vaccination certificates issued by their country’s government, and must be vaccinated with one of the following vaccines:
- Pfizer BioNTech in two doses
- Two doses of Moderna
- Oxford AstraZeneca 2 doses
- Unless they are Saudi citizens or members of their family, foreigners must do a seven-day medical quarantine on their own dime.
- We will not allow guests who have already had two doses of Sinopharma or Sinovac to enter the event until they have received a third dose of one of the vaccines listed above.
- A PCR test must be taken on the eighth day of quarantine and all guests must be allowed if the result is negative.
- It is currently prohibited for guests from Argentina, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Turkey, South Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, India, United Arab Emirates, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Vietnam to enter.
- US, Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, and Japan have officially ended their current suspension.
Within Saudi Arabia, certain areas and roads are subject to different traffic restrictions. These COVID numbers dictate what activities are permitted in these areas and on these roads. The numbers are used to help government officials monitor the flow of traffic throughout the country, using devices installed in vehicles that capture the COVID number registered to that vehicle.
How To Check Traffic Penalty In Saudi Arabia?
Check Your Nitaqat Color In Saudi Arabia 2022